Idea VoLTE Offer: Get 10 GB 4G Data Absolutely Free (Selected Region)!! – Hello guys, hope everyone is enjoying our earlier post for free internet. In this post, we are going to share a new trick to get free 10 GB 4G data for Idea customers. This offer is for some selected region only, so read the post carefully and follow all steps to avail this offer.
Idea has introduced its VoLTE services in some leading region and they are offering free 10 GB data for promotional purpose of their VoLTE service, Idea VoLTE is currently applicable for the following circles – Maharashtra(excluding Mumbai) & Goa, Andhra Pradesh, Tamilnadu, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh, Kerala and Telangana from 2nd May 2018. User from these states can enjoy free 10GB data by following the steps given below.
Requirements for Idea VoLTE
- The handset should be among the compatible VoLTE devices,
- Handset software should be updated,
- VoLTE Switch should be enabled on the device,
- Must have Idea 4G SIM,
- Your Circle must be under an idea VolTE supported region.
How to Activate Volte & Claim 10 GB Data?
VoLTE feature shall be auto-activated for all eligible Idea subscribers, with a supported handset.
Step 1: To manually activate VoLTE services send SMS ‘ACT VOLTE’ to 12345.
Step 2: Wait for the confirmation message from Idea about activation of VoLTE on your idea number.
Step 3 Once you receive the confirmation message, Make First VoLTE call using idea VoLTE network.
Step 4: After making your first call, free data will get credited to your idea number within 48 hours.
That’s it. Enjoy your 10 GB free 4G data.
Idea said that VoLTE allows subscribers to continue experiencing un-interrupted 4G internet while simultaneously being on a voice call. Idea VoLTE will enable users to automatically be routed to 3G/2G when they move out of 4G network using Single Radio Voice Call Continuity (SRVCC), thus ensuring continuous call connectivity.Idea VoLTE calls will be charged as per the customer’s existing voice plan/pack and would not consume any data, Even after data pack is over, VoLTE calls will continue as usual also Active data connection is not required for using VoLTE. However network auto mode (4G/3G/2G) must be selected and Customer’s existing plan will support all the VoLTE services.
The compatibility of handsets can be checked on Idea’s site.
Terms and Conditions for Volte
- Idea VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is an advanced service through which customers can experience HD quality crystal clear voice with faster call setup time. While using VoLTE services, users can continue to have un-interrupted high-speed 4G internet experience
- Idea VoLTE calls will be charged as per your existing voice plan / pack and would not consume any additional data. The VoLTE Services can be availed on compatible smartphones. For a complete list of compatible smartphones, please refer to the FAQs
- Idea VoLTE Services are currently available only in select areas (within 4G coverage), for the list of areas kindly visit the website – Idea cellular
- Calls made to international numbers will be charged at the existing prices as applicable on the customer’s number
- Calls made using Idea’s VoLTE Services to any other network or number not having VoLTE Services would be possible and will be charged for at the existing prices/ plans as applicable to other networks for the duration of the call.
- The Terms and Conditions of usage of Idea services continue to be applicable to you as a subscriber of Idea’s network.
- Idea will be entitled to postpone, suspend, modify or cancel the VoLTE Services or any aspect thereof, at any time with or without notice, for any reason, including, but not limited to, acts of God, force majeure, technical difficulties, or any other reasons beyond Idea’s reasonable control. Idea will not be liable to compensate any customer for any reason dire whatsoever arising from Idea’s providing VoLTE Services.
- Please note that the statements in these terms and conditions do not constitute any general representation from Idea regarding Idea’s services or its availability. Idea’s wireless telecommunication network is available on an ‘as is where is available’ basis and Idea makes no representation, guarantee or warranty regarding the availability, fitness for any specified purpose or error-free operation of the network. Network availability may be affected due to various reasons including force majeure, acts of God, inclement weather, topographical/ geographic/ demographic factors, maintenance work, availability of interconnection with other networks, etc.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
1. What is VoLTE?
Idea VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is an advanced service through which customers can experience HD quality crystal clear voice with faster call setup time and reduced background noise. While using VoLTE services, users can continue to have un-interrupted high-speed 4G internet experience.
2. What is the difference between VoLTE and normal voice calling?
Idea VoLTE users will experience HD voice quality. Idea customers with VoLTE services can experience superior call quality and faster call setup time compared to normal voice calls. Voice conversations sound more natural with less background noise compared to standard voice calls. However, to experience true HD voice quality, both the calling and the receiving party should have handsets that support VoLTE.
3. Do my VoLTE calls consume data from my data plan?
No, Idea VoLTE calls will be charged as per the customer’s existing voice plan/pack and would not consume any data. Even after data pack is over, VoLTE calls will continue as usual.
4. Will my normal voice calling still work after activating VoLTE?
When there is no 4G coverage, then normal voice calls (over 2G/3G Network) will happen instead of VoLTE.
5. Do I need to have an active data connection to use VoLTE?
No, Active data connection is not required for using VoLTE. However, network auto mode (4G/3G/2G) must be selected.
6. Will I be able to use VoLTE if I switch off data on my SIM?
Yes. VoLTE can be used even if the data is switched off.
7. What are all services available through VoLTE?
- High Definition voice calling
- Faster call connection time – calls will connect faster in almost half the time it takes to connect on a 2G/3G network
- Seamless switch between Voice & Video calls during an ongoing call
- Simultaneously calling and data browsing at 4G speeds
- Along with above, call management services like call forwarding, call waiting, call hold and call line identification/restriction are also offered.
Note: All the Details on this post is referred to idea cellular website.Please check all the details and prerequistic of Volte & Data services on offical website.